It’s that time of year again and if you’re like me you need at least 10 ways to Relax on your birthday! This is YOUR SPECIAL DAY, and while it comes each and every year, sometimes we need a spark of inspiration to beat out the doldrums.
For starters, stop and consider how this day marks the day you entered this great big world. That alone is reason to celebrate. So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
Your Birthday marks the beginning of a NEW YEAR! This is a fabulous opportunity to set the tone for your journey. You are in control and it can be just another day or the beginning of a whole new adventure!
I know, I know…you are busy and life is moving fast. Day to day life takes over. And all this can cause us humans to get a little – over the whole thing – attitude going on. But starting down the path of “it’s just another day” isn’t very exciting. And we don’t want to miss out on the adventure of life. And yes, the adventure is there for the having! But like most good things in life we need an idea of the path we want to take or we really never get anywhere.
So here are a few ideas to get you thinking outside the box and getting back to feeling excited about your special day.
- Commit to a NEW Habit! Whatever “that thing is” that you have been meaning to do but have made 100 excuses as to why you “just can’t right now”…. Make your birthday a mile marker and set a healthy goal! Keep it simple and plug this into your birthday week.
- Go for a walk or hike in nature. Yes, actually take a time-out and commune with your innerself. Breathe deeply and SMILE! Fresh air and wind on your face can change your whole perspective.
- Start a Gratitude Journal – This is an amazing gift to give yourself and it only takes a moment to begin. If you enjoy the feel of paper purchase a special journal and place it next to your bed or perhaps your coffee pot. If you are more of a tech minded person download an app. Not only does it feel good to be in a place of gratitude but the more often you focus on it the easier it becomes to incorporate it into your entire world.
- Treat yourself to a Massage or Facial – There simply isn’t a better way to Relax and Reset than to purposely be pampered. The very process of taking the time out helps your whole body rejuvenate and de-stress.
- Invite a friend to coffee, lunch or happy hour.
- Rent your favorite movie – get your favorite treat and wrap up in a blanket.
- LAUGH OUT LOUD! If you aren’t particularly “feeling it” go to a comedy show or download an old skit on You Tube. Whatever you do just be sure to seek out something that makes you smile.
- Call an old friend – you know, the one that keeps popping into your mind but you just haven’t connected with in a while.
- Make a BUCKET LIST – If you haven’t started one of these yet then start thinking! WHAT have you always wanted to do? Choose some categories and challenge yourself to start a list.
- Do something that is NEW and OUT OF THE ORDINARY for you. Take a class, shop in a different area, eat at a new restaurant. Whatever it is enjoy the adventure of NEW!
At The Therapy House we LOVE helping you celebrate. Come be pampered and get your relax-on.